The Driftwood Café is named for its massive signature driftwood bar, sourced from the coastal beaches of Vancouver Island. During the day, the Café Server presents a variety of drinks, such as lattes, cappuccinos, and delightful fruit smoothies. Brunch items and sandwich selections are also offered, as well as a Beach Walker menu perfectly suited for take-out.
This position is available to start as soon as possible.
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standards is delivered at all times.
- Prepare, serve and describe food & beverages to The Pointe Restaurant standards
- Assist guests in selection of the appropriate wine or spirit to accompany the meal
- Ensure all allergies and dietary requests are managed
- Preparation of Driftwood Cafe for ensuing shifts
- Use of Squirrel Point of Sale system
- Balancing of cash-outs
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Willingness to learn and be constantly challenged to grow with the service team
- Previous fine dining experience
- Thorough knowledge of food and wine
- An appreciation of customer service and attention to detail
- Professionalism and positive attitude in every aspect of the position
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- Ability to successfully work alone and/or in a team environment
- Self-motivation to continually advance your knowledge about wine and spirits
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of The Pointe Restaurant and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position
- Valid Serving It Right Certification and Food Safe Certification
How to Apply:
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
See All Careers