Day Restaurant Supervisor / Lead Server
The Wickaninnish Inn is currently accepting applications for the position of Day Restaurant Supervisor / Lead Server within The Pointe Restaurant Leadership Team. This position will work a combination of AM Supervisory shifts and AM shifts as a Senior Server.
- Be true to the mission statements of the Inn. Constantly ensure that the “5 C” standards of Relais & Chateaux, the AAA standards and Wickaninnish service philosophies are followed.
- Assisting with training and development of all team members, including development and maintenance of the food and beverage training manual as directed by the Leadership Team.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and development of all team members, including introductory and annual staff reviews
- Constant innovative leadership ensuring guest and employee satisfaction
- Assistant in management of all expenditures and revenues to meet and exceed all financial goals
- Assist with management of food menus and beverage lists.
- Assist with payroll and other administrative aspects
- Squirrel programming
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- A minimum of 1 year previous experience in Supervisory/Management positions or a minimum of 2 years previous fine dining experience
- Exacting standards relating to food, quality and presentation
- Thorough knowledge of Wine, Spirits and Alcohols
- The ability to successfully pass the Pointe Restaurant Wine Exam
- A willingness to continually increase knowledge in regards to Food & Beverage through self training.
- Sommelier Certification an asset.
- Working knowledge of, previous experience with Squirrel, and Filemaker Pro, Epitome, Word, Publisher, Excel and Maximizer would be an asset.
- Good Human Resources Skills
- An appreciation for detail and a passion for excellence in guest service
- A willingness to lead and be constantly challenged to grow with the restaurant team
- Enthusiasm for continual training of staff
- A professional and positive attitude
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor
- Serving It Right Licensee Certification required
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Pointe Restaurant and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole
- The ability to make a commitment of 2 years to the position
How to Apply:
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
See All Careers