The Host at The Pointe Restaurant is often the first point of contact for guests who are about to embark on an amazing dining experience. This pivotal position comes in contact with guests from a variety of demographic with a high level of expectations. The role of the Host is to exceed those expectations each and every time.
- Ensuring efficient and personalized guest service meeting AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standards
- Taking Reservations and checking future bookings
- Organizing seating plan
- Welcoming and Seating guests
- Phone answering
- Preparation of dining room for evening
- Assisting servers in any way possible
- Various administration tasks including, but not limited to, entering restaurant statistics and maintaining menus
- Saying farewell to guests and perform quality assurance check
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Willingness to learn and be constantly challenged to grow with the restaurant team
- Previous fine dining or host/hostess experience an asset
- General knowledge of food and wine
- An appreciation for detail and customer service
- Professionalism and positive attitude in every aspect of the position
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- Confident guest service skills and a calm, polite and composed demeanor
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to make a commitment of 1 year to the position
How to Apply:
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
See All Careers