Join our Pastry team as a Lead Baker. Our Culinary philosophy is ingredient driven and utilizes the seasonal bounty of products with our very own in-house Pastry Department.
Our Pastry team is proud to produce scratch items such as daily Artisan breads, pastries, scones, muffins, cookies and various types of dough. The position of Head Baker would be responsible for the management of our Daily bread program including laminated dough, quick and yeast breads as well as all pastry products for our Driftwood Café, support products for the main Kitchen such as English muffins and buns. The Head Baker is a key member of the Pastry Team in delivering special occasion and seasonal items. Additionally during the peak months the Head Baker would be responsible for the development and leadership of a Jr. Baker.
This position is at a Team Leader level of responsibility. As such it is a salaried position offering 100% coverage of our Medical and Extended Health Plan plus Gratuities.
Serious foodies only apply.
- Be passionate about their craft, love food, love fresh ingredients!
- Detail orientated, you DO sweat the small stuff
- Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast paced working environment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organizational skills
- 3 years of previous experience in a bakery, restaurant or hotel setting
- Ability to make a 1 year commitment to the position
- Ability to work AM shifts
How to Apply:
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
See All Careers