Maitre 'D/Senior Server
The Wickaninnish Inn is currently accepting applications for the position of Maitre‘D/Senior Server within The Pointe Restaurant Leadership Team. This position will work a combination AM and/or PM Supervisory shifts and AM and/or PM shifts as a Senior Server.
- Ensuring smooth operations of the Restaurant, On the Rocks Lounge, Driftwood Café, and Room Service as well as assisting with Group and Banquet activities, when on shift and as directed by the Leadership Team, while being true to the mission statements of the Inn;
- Assisting with training and development of all team members – including development and maintenance of the food and beverage training manual;
- Constant innovative leadership ensuring guest and employee satisfaction;
- Assisting with management of development of beverage lists in conjunction with food menus;
- Assisting with administrative leadership tasks, such as Squirrel programming, Optimum Control data entry, inventory management, and so on, as required;
- Active involvement in the development and execution of monthly team meetings.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in Supervisory/Management position, or a minimum of 2 years previous fine dining experience;
- Working knowledge of Squirrel, Filemaker Pro, Maestro, Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Maximizer would be an asset;
- Serving It Right License Certification;
- Thorough knowledge of wine, spirits and other alcohols, and the ability to successfully pass The Pointe Restaurant Wine Exam;
- Sommelier Certification an asset;
- Ability to consistently execute standards relating to service and presentation;
- A willingness to continually increase knowledge in regards to Food & Beverage through self training;
- An appreciation for detail and a passion for excellence in guest service;
- A willingness to lead and be constantly challenged to grow with the restaurant team;
- A professional and positive attitude as well as a calm, polite, and composed demeanour;
- The ability to make a commitment of 2 years in the position.
How to Apply:
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
See All Careers